Engineering-Stream - Software for Engineering Applications
Line Sizing Calculator
Single phase fluid density, rho
Volumetric flow rate, Q
Single phase fluid viscosity, mu
Pipe Nominal Size and Schedule
Selected Pipe Outside Diameter, Do
Selected Pipe Nominal Wall Thickness, Tn
Selected phase fluid velocity, V
Velocity Limit, V_Limit
Verify1: Verification of velocity
Pipe roughness, epsilon (for commercial steel pipe, epsilon= 0.00015)
Reynolds number, Re
Verify2: Verification of Flow Regime
Moody friction factor, fm (Laminar Flow)
Moody friction factor, fm (Turbulent flow) (Chen correlation)
Moody friction factor, fm_alt (Turbulent flow) (Colebrook)
Verify3: Validation of fm (Turbulent flow)
Calculated Frictional Pressure Drop, deltaPf
Pressure Drop Limit, Pd_Limit
Verify4: Verification of Pressure Drop
Note: Refer to the "Terms and Conditions" in the 'About' section before using the software.
1) Line Sizing Calculator is a software program that can be used to estimate the line sizes on a piping system, based on flow condition.
2) The fluid inside the piping needs to be a single phase liquid or vapour / gas.
3) Pipe sizes vary from ½ in nominal diameter to 48 in nominal diameter.
Pipe sizes are taken from ANSI / ASME 36.10M.
4) Typical recommended velocity limits are as follows (per API RP14E - edition - old)
Liquids: Minimum Velocity - 3 ft/s ; Maximum Velocity - 15 ft/s (general guidance)
Reciprocating Pumps : 1 - 2 ft/s (suction); 3 - 6 ft/s (discharge) (based on rpm)
Centrifugal Pumps: 2 - 3 ft/s (suction); 6 - 9 ft/s (discharge)
Vapor / Gas: Maximum Velocity - 60 ft/s
5) If you notice any error, please let us know, so that can be rectified.
6) Contact us with any comments / questions : firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Visit us for more software programs at https://engineering-stream.com