Engineering-Stream - Software for Engineering Applications
Pump Power Calculations
Pressure at the suction vessel, Ps
Liquid level at the suction vessel from the pump suction end, Zs
Pressure drop due to friction at the suction piping (incl valves etc), Fs
Absolute Total Pressure at Pump Suction, TPs
Pressure at the discharge vessel, Pd
Liquid level at the discharge vessel from the pump discharge end, Zd
Pressure drop due to friction at the discharge piping (incl valves etc), Fd
Absolute Total Pressure at Pump Discharge , TPd
Differential Pressure, DP
Differential Head, Hd
Safety Factor, SF (eg 10%)
Required Differential Head, Hdr
Liquid Flow Rate, Q
Density of the fluid at average flowing conditions, rho
Hydraulic horse power, hydHP
Pump efficiency, pe (fraction)
(0 to 1)
Actual horse power (Brake horse power), bhp
Note: Refer to the "Terms and Conditions" in the 'About' section before using the software.
1) Pump Power Calculations is a software program that can be used to estimate the power requirement of a pump.
2) You may use 'Piping Pressure Drop Calculator', available in this site to find the pressure drop in the piping.
3) The procedure is based on GPSA Engineering Data Book - 14th Edition.
4) 'Submit' button to be clcked when any changes are made to the input so the program updates the calculation.
5) If you notice any error, please let us know, so that can be rectified.
6) Contact us with any comments / questions : email@example.com
7) Visit us for more software programs at https://engineering-stream.com