Engineering-Stream - Software for Engineering Applications
Orifice Plate Thickness Calculator
Pipe Nominal Size and Schedule
Selected Pipe Outside Diameter, Do
Selected Pipe Nominal Wall Thickness, Tn
Selected Pipe Inside Diameter, Di
Orifice Diameter, d
Inlet Pressure, Pin
Outlet Pressure, Pout
Plate Material, PM
Yield Strength of the material, Y
Corrosion Allowance, c
Beta Ratio, BR
Differential Pressure, DP
Minimum required plate thickness, Tmin
Selected thickness of plate, Ts
Note: Refer to the "Terms and Conditions" in the 'About' section before using the software.
1) Orifice Plate Thickness Calculator is a software program that can be used to determine the thickness of orifice plates based on pressure at either side of the orifice plate.
2) The available pipe sizes vary from 1/2 in to 24 in.
3) A number of carbon steel, stainless steel material grades commonly used for orifice plates are available for use.
The materials and their properties presented, are taken from the listed version of ASME B31.3 code.
Additional materials may be added on request.
4) Applicable code edition is ASME B31.3 Code - 2018 Ed.
5) Equations used :-
R.W. Miller formula for orifice plate thickness calculation.
Tmin ≥ SQRT [(0.681-0.651*BETA)*deltaP/Y] * pipe ID + CA;
6) If you notice any error, please let us know, so that can be rectified.
7) Contact us with any comments / questions : firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Visit us for more software programs at https://engineering-stream.com